Commitment to Sustainability
Conducting business in an environmentally responsible manner is important to us. ZAG/S&W and our employees are dedicated to conserving and protecting the environment where we work and live. We are proud of our efforts and commitment to sustainability.
Sullivan & Worcester has become a partner law firm in Office Paper Management in a formal sustainability plan, the ABA-EPA Law Office Climate Challenge. Established by the American Bar Association (ABA) Section of Environment, Energy and Resources (SEER), in cooperation with the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), the Climate Challenge encourages law offices to take specific steps to conserve energy and resources, as well as reduce greenhouse gases and purchase environmentally sound products.
Some of our sustainability efforts include:
Waste Reduction & Recycling
- Recycle 90% of all office paper products
- Sponsor recycling programs for glass, plastics and metal containers
- Use paper with at least 30% post-consumer recycled content in all office paper, and marketing and recruiting materials
- Electronically distribute firm communications such as client advisories, seminar notices and event invitations
- Email incoming faxes directly to recipients’ computers
- “Energy Star” rated office machinery, appliances and electronic devices
- Motion-sensor light switches in most offices which automatically turn off when not in use
- Time switches to automatically turn off office equipment (i.e. printers and copiers) after working hours
- Standby mode on computers
- Programmable thermostat to control heating and air conditioning
- Compact fluorescent lamps (CFLs)
- Print marketing and recruiting materials using soy-based inks
- Recycle copier toner and ink jet cartridges
- Offer telecommuting opportunities and flexible schedules to avoid heavy traffic commutes
- Administer tax-free mass transit passes to employees
- Make bike racks available and participate in “ride your bike to work” programs
ZAG/S&W is dedicated to conserving and protecting the environment where we work and live.