Let us be the Bridge Connecting you with New Opportunity
ZAG/S&W is the world's only true Israeli-American law firm committed to the success of Israeli and U.S. companies seeking to do business between each other's countries. ZAG/S&W is a law firm partnership—one entity—not a referral relationship. Our innovative business model enables us to provide completely integrated, cost-efficient legal services, leveraging our experience on both sides of the Atlantic to help advance your objectives with maximum efficiency—whether it's forming a joint venture or listing your company on NASDAQ. But we do more than just provide legal services; we build business bridges for our clients, connecting them with the right players and the right resources to gain a competitive edge.
ZAG/S&W was established in 2001 through a unique joint venture of its founding firms, Zysman, Aharoni, Gayer & Co. (ZAG) and Sullivan & Worcester LLP (S&W). With ZAG/S&W, you can count on responsiveness and attention that transcend distance. Our bilingual team members in Israel and the U.S. understand the dynamics of two very different markets and can deftly bridge cultural differences on business practices, regulatory, securities and other legal issues. When you need counsel for intellectual property, tax, securities, litigation or anything else, ZAG/S&W delivers—in your language and in your time zone.
For more information on our services in Israel, please go to the Zysman, Aharoni, Gayer & Co. website.
LEGAL SERVICES AND STRATEGIC COUNSEL
ZAG/S&W provides legal services and strategic counsel to a wide range of clients. Our attorneys work with public and private companies throughout Israel, the United States and around the globe. They are available to serve as a complete legal resource to your Israeli company, your Israeli affiliate or as counsel for your U.S. business interests in Israel. Our experience and emphasis on client-focused solutions has enabled us to develop a roster of clients including:
- Israeli companies pursuing acquisitions or planning new operations in the United States
- Israeli technology and alternative-energy companies seeking access to the U.S. capital markets to fuel rapid growth
- Israeli companies that currently have operations in the United States
- Israeli financial institutions
- U.S. firms doing or seeking to do business or setting up operations in Israel
- U.S. and Israeli venture capital firms and private investors seeking attractive
investment opportunities in both countries
Download our Doing Business in the United States booklet for international companies.
Representative Client Work
- Assisted a U.S. investment management firm to subadvise Israeli pooled investment vehicles
- Represented a Fortune 500 company in its acquisition of a U.S.-based software company with an R&D facility in Israel
- Advised a U.S. defense and aerospace company on the legal aspects of purchasing intellectual property out of bankruptcy in Israel
- Represented a U.S. defense contractor doing business in Israel
- Assisted a U.S. venture capital and private equity firm to invest in Israel
- Assisted an Israeli public company trading on a European stock exchange in completing its registration with the SEC and its listing on NASDAQ
- Assisted the Israeli branch of an international food, beverage and nutrition company to make U.S. acquisitions
- Provided IP assistance to Israeli companies operating abroad
- Provided tax planning for Israeli companies operating abroad
- Represented an Israeli NASDAQ-listed software solutions company in two simultaneous asset and stock acquisitions worth $78 million, significantly expanding the company's service offering and access to new markets
- Represented an Israeli NASDAQ-listed technology company in a $60 million public equity offering
- Provided securities compliance advice to public Israeli companies trading in the United States
- Represented an Israeli technology company in challenging and winning a U.S. federal government award decision valued at $300 million
- Advised a public Israeli telecom company on tax and corporate matters related to a trans-border restructuring of its U.S. subsidiaries valued at $500 million
- Represented an Israeli public company traded on both the Tel-Aviv Stock Exchange and the NASDAQ National Market in an arbitration against one of its U.S. distributors. The arbitration, which was held in front of the London Court of International Arbitration, was resolved in a settlement agreement, awarding our client the full amount of its claims
- Provided ongoing counsel to three of the top Israeli real estate developers and investment companies in their penetration of the New York real estate market and formation of relationships with local partners
- Designed and implemented a comprehensive trademark and patent strategy on both sides of the Atlantic for more than 20 software and biotech companies
- Assisted numerous companies in raising millions of dollars from prominent venture capital funds in Israel and the United States
- Advised an Israeli medical devices company on how to manage and minimize its litigation risk while distributing and selling its products to hospitals in the United States
- Advised an Israeli clean-energy technology company regarding the addition of a carbon credit component to its waste-to-energy technology
- Advised an Israeli company in evaluating whether a proposed fuel switch project would generate qualified carbon emission reduction credits under Kyoto Protocol’s Clean Development Mechanism program
- Advised an Israeli carbon technology and trading company regarding the sale of carbon emission reduction credits in worldwide voluntary markets
Our innovative business model enables us to provide completely integrated, cost-efficient legal services, leveraging our experience on both sides of the Atlantic to help advance your objectives with maximum efficiency.