ZAG/S&W’s Life Sciences Group is an inter-disciplinary team made up of lawyers from our various practice groups who have experience with the legal and business issues important to life sciences companies and their investors.
The Life Sciences Group typically represents public and private companies, healthcare institutions, universities, private equity investors and financial institutions. By efficiently drawing on our collective areas of experience, we represent our clients in all aspects of their businesses, including private equity, debt and public financing, strategic alliances, collaborations and licensing, intellectual property, commercial and intellectual property litigation, mergers and acquisitions, securities and corporate governance, tax, government contracting, real estate and environmental, and employment and labor law.
Industry Profile (PDF)
Representative Client Work
- Fountain Healthcare Partners Limited in the formation of its inaugural $125 million Pan-Hiberno fund, which focuses on investments in the life sciences sectors
- ImmunArray, Ltd., an Israeli company developing a blood test to diagnose early-stage lung cancer, in connection with the negotiation and drafting of a joint research and development agreement with 20/20 GeneSystems Inc., a Maryland-based company focused on the development and commercialization of protein biomarker-based diagnostics
- Mazor Surgical Technologies, an Israeli medical technology company dedicated to the design, development, manufacturing and marketing of products for the surgical treatment of spinal disorders, in negotiating an exclusive worldwide license with the Cleveland Clinic for an innovative robotic-assisted, percutaneous, interbody spinal fusion
- A Fortune 500 life sciences company in connection with freedom to operate opinions for antibody-based drug systems
- A publicly traded life sciences company in a dispute with a French multi-national corporation concerning license supply, marketing and distribution rights for superparamagnetic iron oxide nanoparticles
- January 26, 2009
Nanotechnology - Key Legal Issues and Risks in 21st Century Technology
Massachusetts Continuing Legal Education, Inc. (MCLE) Program
- November 5-6, 2012
2012 Life Sciences Summit
- July 26, 2010
The Dodd-Frank Act – What Public Companies Should Be Doing Now