The swift and explosive growth of blockchain technology and cryptocurrencies are fueling advances in industries ranging from financial services and manufacturing to retail and healthcare. Blockchain is poised to transform the way companies do business, making complex transactions efficient and increasing the productivity of employees and capital. Its seemingly unbreakable security, extraordinary precision, transparency and low cost make it more attractive than traditional systems. Companies are raising capital through token sales and ICOs at a rapid pace. Unfortunately, the rapid development and adoption of blockchain and cryptocurrencies have been complicated by ambiguous regulations that vary from jurisdiction to jurisdiction, presenting a multitude of legal and regulatory challenges.
ZAG-S&W helps clients navigate emerging legal issues and regulatory uncertainties, manage risk, identify opportunities and proactively plan for the future. With deep financial, regulatory and technological expertise, we ascertain the implications blockchain will have on our clients’ operations and prepare them to offer new services and products. Working with entrepreneurs, investors and established companies in a range of industries, we provide strategic guidance to help clients finance, develop and capitalize on the promises of blockchain technology while gaining a competitive edge in the marketplace.
As thought leaders in the industry, we often speak and write on the rapidly changing landscape and the ramifications of blockchain and other disruptive technologies on organizations around the globe. Our team was at the forefront of this revolutionary technology and structured the first issuance of digital securities utilizing blockchain technology. We are well-versed in handling complicated regulatory questions, providing regulatory counseling, evaluating intellectual property opportunities, developing strategies to mitigate risks, and preparing clients for the potential opportunities and challenges associated with blockchain technology.
ZAG-S&W is one of the first global law firms to establish a digital currencies practice. Clients rely on us for the following:
- Legal advisor for 75+ blockchain projects, including some of the largest cryptocurrencies
- Working on policy initiatives on global regulatory issues for blockchain on behalf of the Global Blockchain Business Council, the Blockchain Research Institute and Wharton Reg@Tech.
- Represent a diverse client base, including financial institutions, top-10 cryptocurrencies, governments, ICO issuers, funds, broker dealers, and exchanges.
- Global and national regulatory policies.
- Initial coin offerings (ICOs).
- Regulated exchanges.
- Investment fund structures, including tokenized funds and traditional funds that invest into token.