The relationship between employers and employees has always been vital to a company’s success. From competitive benefits programs to attract the best talent to the myriad of legal and commercial issues once that talent has joined the company, employers require a legal advisor with a wealth of experience and successful track record in leading the way.
Bringing together professionalism and innovation of the highest standards, our Labor and Employment Law practice is a preferred destination for an extensive list of domestic and international employers, both public and private, as well as nonprofits and public entities, individual business people, senior employees and groups of employees.
Domestic and multinational employers also tap into the full spectrum of our services, which are focused on all areas of individual and collective labor and employment, including day-to-day employment and labor law issues and creating and negotiating individual and collective employment agreements. We are also regularly involved in providing seminars, lectures, workshops, and training on labor and employment issues to clients to ensure they remain abreast of all the relevant issues affecting them.
Furthermore, clients profit from the experience of our employment & benefits lawyers in structuring, designing and implementing all forms of retirement, welfare, fringe benefit, deferred compensation, and equity compensation plans, assisting with all relevant filings, ensuring compliance and always striving to fit compensation and benefits packages into the employer’s bigger picture.
These plans and benefits, for example, include:
- Welfare and fringe benefit plans (medical, severance pay, life insurance, disability, dependent care and education assistance)
- Non-qualified deferred compensation arrangements (including the use of secular trusts, golden parachutes, top hat and excess benefit plans)
- Employee stock ownership plans (ESOPs)
- Retirement plans for tax-exempt organizations (including 403(b) and 457 arrangements)
- Qualified retirement plans (profit sharing, money purchase pension, defined benefit and 401(k) plans)
We are also focused on the swift and effective resolution of labor law disputes before they arise, with our lawyers equally prepared for and skilled in litigation, arbitration and mediation proceedings, should the need arise.
Balancing the importance of defending the rights of employers and employees alike, we strive to reach the most beneficial and amicable resolution of any dispute – vital to maintaining a healthy and successful working environment.
- The 2020 edition of Chambers USA recognized the Employee Benefits & Executive Compensation Group and noted its capabilities in employee benefits matters and for its representation of a range of corporate and individual clients, particularly in the financial services industry. The group was singled out for its expertise in tax implications and considerations of benefit plans, M&A-related matters and compensation arrangements.
- U.S. News Best Lawyers 2020 ranked the group nationally in Employee Benefits (ERISA) Law.
- The practice group received a top ranking in the the Legal 500 United States 2019.