Adam N. Weisenberg is a partner in ZAG-S&W’s Commercial Real Estate group in the Boston office. He has more than 30 years’ experience in real estate law, including commercial real estate investment, finance, and development across the full range of asset types throughout the United States.
Adam’s work includes joint ventures and partnerships; acquisitions, sales and exchanges; construction, permanent and mezzanine financing; REITs; fund level credit facilities; entity structuring and formation transactions; zoning, land use and permitting; ground and space leasing; management agreements; development agreements, easements and covenants; and residential and commercial condominiums.
A diverse workload includes advising a public REIT in a $1.2 billion acquisition of research buildings in Boston; several educational and cultural institutions in development and expansion projects; and a developer for proposed 125-unit waterfront condominium project.
Prior to joining the firm, Adam was a partner at Goodwin Procter LLP. He served as chair of that firm’s Real Estate Finance practice and as a member of its Real Estate Development & Permitting, Real Estate Investment Management, and REITs practices.
Representative Client Work
- Representation of real estate private equity fund in development of office/lab building in Kendall Square, Cambridge
- Representation of public REIT in land assembly and swap, permitting, infrastructure, and negotiations for new T station for major redevelopment project in Somerville
- Representation of several educational and cultural institutions in development and expansion projects
- Representation of commercial condominium as abutter accommodating adjacent super-tall development project
- Representation of real estate private equity fund in acquisition and development of condominium project in Brighton section of Boston
- Representation of a joint venture between a national development company and a real estate private equity fund to acquire, finance and redevelop a warehouse building in Brooklyn, NY for “creative office” use
- Representation of a life insurance company in a complex financing of a Kentucky office building
- Representation of a public REIT in development of a hotel in Florida, including engagement of a local developer
- Representation of a scientific institution in rezoning and entitlements for expansion of its headquarters research facility in Cambridge, MA
- Representation of a real estate private equity fund and its operating partner in sales and financings of office, residential and garage properties in Boston, MA, and in permitting and development of office, lab, retail and day-care buildings in Cambridge, MA
- Representation of a real estate private equity fund in sales of hotels in Illinois and office buildings in California
- Representation of a real estate private equity fund in acquisitions of redevelopment sites in Boston, MA and a joint venture acquisition of a large redevelopment site on Route 128 with an operating partner
- Representation of money center banks in construction and permanent mortgage loans on hotel, office, senior housing and condominium project assets
- Representation of foreign investors in multifamily, office and retail assets in Georgia, New York and Massachusetts
- Representation of a public REIT in a $1.2B acquisition of research buildings in Boston, MA
- Representation of developer for proposed 125-unit waterfront condominium project in Boston, MA
- Representation of a developer in zoning, permitting and other development work for a 100-unit multifamily project in Cambridge, MA
- Representation of a public real estate development company in all aspects of development of a 2.7 million square foot mixed-use project on 29 acres in Cambridge, MA ground leased from an educational institution, and in a large number of related transactions
- Representation of a public REIT in a development deal for a new research building to expand headquarters for scientific institution on a legally and physically complicated site in Cambridge, MA