Alexander A. Notopoulos Jr., of counsel in ZAG-S&W’s Boston office, is a member of the Finance and Securitization Practice Groups of the Corporate Department. His practice concentrates on securities, lending and other financing transactions, with a focus on asset securitization. His asset securitization practice includes representation of issuers, credit enhancers, liquidity providers and conduit and other purchasers in U.S. and international financings and involves a wide range of asset types. Alex has also represented numerous borrowers in banking transactions and counseled real estate investment trusts and other issuers in a variety of public and private debt and equity securities offerings.
Representative Client Work
- Representation of institutional purchasers, multi-seller commercial paper conduit purchasers, investment banks and issuers in connection with the issuance of or investment in asset backed securities involving numerous asset types, including credit card receivables, trade receivables, automobile, equipment and other loans and leases, insurance premium financings and collateralized debt obligations
- Counsel to financial institutions in providing a wide range of credit and liquidity enhancements and hedges for securitization and other transactions, including subordination enhancements, loan or purchase commitments, letters of credit and currency, interest rate, credit default and total return swaps
- Representation of major European banks in formation of bank-administered domestic and foreign commercial paper conduits
- Representation of borrowers and lenders in connection with multi-currency secured and unsecured credit facilities
- Counsel to domestic and non-U.S. issuers in public and Rule 144A/Regulation S offerings of senior and subordinated debt, preferred shares, trust preferred securities and common equity