Benjamin J. Armour is a partner in the Corporate department of ZAG-S&W’s Boston office. His practice focuses on corporate and securities law, representing public and private companies in complex transactions, including mergers and acquisitions, capital markets transactions, real estate investment trust (REIT) conversions, SEC reporting and other general corporate and securities matters.
Ben counsels clients through all stages of the corporate life cycle – from initial formation and financing through successful initial public offering or acquisition. He also plays an active role in the firm’s blockchain initiative, and advises companies with respect to blockchain and related technologies, virtual currencies and digital token sales, and related securities laws and regulatory matters. In addition, Ben is a leader of the firm’s Opportunity Zones practice group, and he advises a range of clients in forming private investment funds, partnerships, joint ventures and other investment structures to take advantage of the U.S. Tax Cut and Jobs Act of 2017’s Opportunity Zone Program.
Representative Client Work
Securities & Corporate Finance
- $480 million initial public offering in the logistics REIT industry
- $1 billion public senior note offering in the information storage and protection services industry
- $670 million public debt tender offer in the office REIT industry
- $300 million public preferred equity offering in the hotel REIT industry
- $250 million public common equity offering in the hotel REIT industry
Mergers & Acquisitions
- Represented Beacon Communities in its acquisition of National Development Corporation’s real estate portfolio valued at $250 million
- Represented Iron Mountain Incorporated in its $130 million acquisition of MAG Datacenters, LLC
- Represented Iron Mountain Incorporated in its $50 million disposition of certain assets to Summit Park, a Charlotte-based private investment firm
- Represented Entropy Investment Management, a specialty energy investment management firm, in its acquisition of interests in multiple biogas generation facilities
- Represented Locus Energy, Inc., a solar photovoltaic (PV) performance monitoring and data analytics provider, in its acquisition by Genscape, Inc.
- Represented Eden Rock Communications, a Seattle-based maker of wireless network technologies, in its acquisition by Nokia Networks
- Represented FlexHead Industries, Inc., a Holliston, MA-based fire sprinkler connections manufacturer and distributor, in its acquisition by Atkore International, Inc.
- Represented Cambridge Analog Technologies, Inc., a Cambridge, MA-based developer of semiconductors, in its acquisition by Maxim Integrated Products, Inc.
- Represented Ciphent, Inc., a Baltimore-based provider of world-class cyber security solutions, in its acquisition by Accuvant LLC
- Represented PayPal Media Network (formerly Where, Inc.), a Boston-based location media company, in its acquisition by PayPal, a division of eBay, Inc.
- Represented Taconic Farms, Inc., a New York-based global provider of genetically engineered animal models, in its acquisition of Xenogen Biosciences Corporation, a subsidiary of Caliper Life Sciences, Inc.
- Represented G.I. Plastek Wolfeboro LLC, a New Hampshire-based premier manufacturer of highly-engineered plastic injection molded products, in its acquisition by Wincove Capital