Carol G. Wolff is a partner and co-director of our Corporate Department and is a member of the firm’s Management Committee. Carol concentrates in the area of transactional corporate work. Her practice is focused on advising privately-held middle market companies in connection with domestic and cross-border mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, financings and investments and other matters of general corporate law. Her clients consist of emerging and established businesses, including many family-owned companies, across a variety of industries, including technology, financial services, communications and manufacturing and distribution.
Carol currently sits on the Women’s Network Advisory Board of the Greater Boston Chamber of Commerce. She is also on the Board of Directors of the Family Business Association (FBA). Previously, she held a long-term seat on the Board of Directors of the Boston Chapter of the Association for Corporate Growth (ACG), the area’s largest association for professionals involved in corporate growth, corporate development and mergers and acquisitions.
Representative Client Work
- Represented a major financial institution in a series of tax-advantaged synthetic fuel facility acquisitions and divestitures over a seven-year period
- Represented an information storage and protection services company in a series of strategic acquisitions of competitor businesses
- Represented a multinational electronics company entering into an important strategic alliance to build and operate a large manufacturing and distribution facility in Germany
- Represented a software development company in its debt restructuring process, and its ultimate sale to a foreign investor group, with continuing representation of the company, under its new ownership, in connection with its worldwide software licensing efforts
- Represented a U.S. privately-held company in the tradeshow and media business in more than 30 strategic acquisitions and joint ventures in more than 10 countries
- Represented a real estate development company in the sale of a parking facility business in a tax-free, $74 million divestiture
- Represented an investor group in the acquisition of a well-known brand-name licensing company specializing in consumer products, with continuing representation of the client in its licensing work
- Represented a UK privately-held company in the sale of its chip-production division to a leading U.S. technology company
- Advised a family-owned metals manufacturing business regarding growth through strategic acquisitions and succession planning
- Advised a family-owned real estate business and its affiliates regarding succession planning and liquidity events