Howard E. Berkenblit is the leader of the firm’s Capital Markets group. Specializing in advising public and private companies involved in equity and debt financings, Howard also provides advice in relation to ongoing corporate governance and disclosure matters, stock exchange listing standards and Sarbanes-Oxley Act and Dodd-Frank Act compliance.
Howard also advises Israeli and other international companies seeking to trade their securities in the United States and supports REITs engaged in securities offerings and governance initiatives. Furthermore, Howard also works with clients on mergers and acquisitions, capital raising and general corporate matters.
Key highlights include providing counsel in relation to a $300 million public preferred equity offering in the hotel REIT industry; a $400 million public senior note offering in the office REIT industry; and a $400 million public common equity offering in the senior living facility REIT industry.
Howard has also advised a foreign software company on the acquisition and going private transaction involving a public U.S. software company, a transportation company on its IPO, the switch of a listing for a financial services company, the $1.6 billion acquisition of an information storage and protection services company in a public stock-for-stock transaction, and much more.
A thought leader on many topics including Sarbanes-Oxley, Dodd-Frank and a range of securities law issues impacting U.S. and foreign companies, Howard is also the editor of The SEC Pulse, a blog that provides updates and commentary from our Capital Markets group on issues affecting publicly traded and privately owned businesses, investment banks and foreign companies who trade or raise capital in the United States.
Representative Client Work
- $480 million initial public offering in the logistics REIT industry
- $300 million public preferred equity offering in the hotel REIT industry
- $400 million public senior note offering in the office REIT industry
- $400 million public common equity offering in the senior living facility REIT industry
- Initial public offering of ADSs of a stem cell company in the biotech industry
- Public ordinary shares offering of an Israeli company in the hi-tech industry
- Representation of a foreign software company in the acquisition and going private transaction involving a public U.S. software company
- $150 million 144A offering and A/B exchange in the information storage and protection industry
- Served as Senior Corporate Counsel for Stream International, Inc., a provider of CRM and technical support services
- Design of governance charters, policies and procedures for senior living services company
- Switch of Nasdaq listed financial services company to listing on NYSE
- $1.6 billion acquisition of an information storage and protection services company in public stock for stock transaction
- Initial public offering of a transportation company