J. Truman Bidwell Jr. is a partner in the Corporate department of our New York office.
Focused on international asset financing, banking, structured finance, and insolvency, he has represented lessees, lenders, developers, owners, underwriters and equity investors in infrastructure transactions.
In addition, he has represented major banks, domestic and foreign corporations, start-ups, investment banks, and domestic and foreign lenders in a broad spectrum of financial and M&A transactions.
Notable examples from his long and successful career include representing: the Slovak Republic in an airport privatization; a Colombian telephone company in a debt restructuring; a consortium on mineral investments in Africa; a French bank in an acquisition of a subsidiary from PricewaterhouseCoopers; and a German bank in the acquisition of a U.S. broker-dealer, and many more transactions.
Representative Client Work
- Representing the Slovak Republic in an airport privatization
- Representing a Colombian telephone company in debt restructuring
- Representing credit enhancers in structured financings
- Representing various start-up companies
- Representing foreign banks in international financings
- Representing a computer company in various corporate matters
- Advising a consortium on mineral investments in Africa
- Advising a company on mining operations in Rwanda
- Represented a French bank in an acquisition of a subsidiary from PricewaterhouseCoopers
- Represented a public company in a series of eleven acquisitions
- Represented a public company in a hostile take-over
- Represented a German bank in the acquisition of a U.S. broker-dealer
- Represented a U.S. bank in an acquisition of a boutique investment bank
- Represented a U.S. subsidiary of a Swiss fastener company
- Represented a Swiss chocolate manufacturer
- Represented a major underwriter of government securities