Shy Baranov is a partner and the head of the firm’s International department and a senior member of the Securities and Corporate Finance team under the firm’s U.S. Securities department.
Shy has extensive experience in advising and representing Israeli companies from across many sectors, including life sciences, software, hardware, manufacturing, and services, in relation to their planned activities in the U.S. market.
Having worked in the Boston office, Shy’s depth of practical experience and in-depth knowledge of U.S. law in general, and U.S. securities law in particular, greatly benefit clients, especially with regards to public and private debt and equity financings. He regularly advises investment banks and underwriters on a wide range of financing transactions in the U.S., including initial public offerings (IPOs), follow-on offerings, ATM, PIPE and other kinds of transactions.
He handles complex issues such as reporting obligations, the sale of shares by interested parties, compliance with NASDAQ, FINRA, SEC requirements, and representing Israeli and U.S. clients versus said authorities. Shy also brings vast experience in advising Israeli companies on the acquisitions of U.S. companies, the formation of joint ventures in the U.S., and much more.
In 2013 Shy returned to the firm’s Tel Aviv offices and established the International department, which provides a complete package of legal services to Israeli companies transacting in the U.S., as well as to U.S. companies with respect to their activities in Israel.
Representative Client Work
Equity Offerings and Public Listings
- Represented Alcobra Ltd. (formerly Nasdaq: ADHD) as U.S. and Israeli counsel in its Initial Public Offering and three follow on public offerings raising an aggregate amount of $134,000,000.
- Represented Radcom Ltd. (Nasdaq: RDCM) as U.S. and Israeli counsel in its two follow on public offering of ordinary shares raising an aggregate amount of more than $55,000,000.
- Represented Bioblast Pharma, Ltd. (Nasdaq: ORPN) as U.S. and Israeli counsel in its Initial Public Offering and a follow on public offering raising an aggregate approximate amount of $42,000,000.
- Represented BiomX Ltd. in its $24,000,000 Preferred A Venture Capital Financing.
- Represented Syqe Medical Ltd. in the investment transaction of aggregate amount of $30,000,000.
- Represented Aegis Capital Corp., lead underwriter in the $ 8,600,000 public offering of Micronet Enertec Offering, Inc. (NASDAQ: MICT).
- Represented Cellect Biotechnology (Nasdaq: APOP) in its $8,400,000 public offering and listing of its American Depository Shares (ADSs) in the United States, as a result of which, Cellect became a dually-listed company, both on Nasdaq and on TASE.
- Represented the US investment bank Rodman & Renshaw in two public offerings of an aggregate of $20,000,000 for Kitov Pharmaceuticals (Nasdaq: KTOV).
- Represented OTI – On Track Innovation Ltd. (Nasdaq: OTIV) in its $10,000,000 underwritten public offering.
Mergers and Acquisitions
- Represented Alcobra Ltd. (formerly Nasdaq: ADHD) as U.S. and Israeli counsel in its reverse IPO merger with Arcturus Therapeutics Inc. (“Arcturus”) at a transaction valued at $117,000,000. The combined company, Arcturus Therapeutics, Ltd., is listed on Nasdaq under ARCT.
- Represented Alcobra Ltd. (formerly Nasdaq: ADHD) as U.S. and Israeli counsel in an asset purchase agreement for the sale of its Abuse-Deterrent Amphetamine Immediate-Release (ADAIR) development assets to an investor group. The agreement was signed simultaneously with the closing of the merger between Alcobra and Arcturus mentioned above. The investor group undertook to invest $3,000,000 in an OTC listed company that will own the ADAIR assets and continue its development. Arcturus Therapeutics Ltd will own 30% of the OTC listed company’s shares.
- Represented BiomX Ltd. in its acquisition of RondinX Ltd., a private Israeli company.
- Represented Advanced Inhalation Therapies (AIT) Ltd regarding Israeli law pertaining to a reverse IPO merger including an investment of $10,000,000.
- Represented Osem Group, an Israeli food company, in its acquisition of Tribe Mediterranean Foods, a U.S.-based food company, which produces 20 different flavors of hummus, for $57,000,000.
- Represented Osem Group, an Israeli food company, in its acquisition of Foodtech International, Inc., a U.S.-based food company for $20,000,000.
- Represented Identify Software Ltd. in its acquisition by BMC in an amount of $150,000,00