Tehila Levi Lati is a partner and heads the firm’s China desk, managing the long-term cooperation with leading Chinese law firms.
Tehila has a deep knowledge and vast experience in relation to Chinese and Israeli law, as well as a deep understanding of the Chinese language and culture. Tehila has over 10 years’ experience in the Chinese market, managing the legal services provided to both Israeli companies doing business in China, and Chinese companies doing business in Israel.
With vast legal and corporate experience, she advises Chinese companies and investors in connection with their activities in Israel, as well as offers close professional support to Chinese companies in litigation proceedings in Israel.
In China, Tehila specializes in the establishment of companies, consulting and accompanying the negotiations in joint ventures in China, China-Israel cross-border transactions, Chinese foreign direct investment, international projects and investment, M&A, commercialization of technologies and general corporate counseling. Tehila has broad experience in counseling Israeli, U.S., and global companies through all stages of M&A transactions, including due diligence in China. She routinely provides legal services to companies in the high-tech, technology, and life sciences sectors.
For example, key highlights include her representation of: HAM-LET (Israel-Canada) Ltd. in its acquisition of Jiangsu Xinghe Valve Ltd. at a company value of USD18.4 million; Rivulis Irrigation Ltd., in the transfer of WFOE’s shares, and application for a new business license; Telit Wireless Solutions Hong Kong Ltd. in the M&A transaction with Shanghai Stollmann Communication Technology Co., Ltd.; and M.I.S. Implant Technologies Ltd. in the WFOE set up in Shenzhen, and in the applications for CLASS 3 medical device import and distribution licenses.
She has also advised Chinese company Bitmain Technologies on setting up their Israeli company and R&D center, and another large Chinese company in due diligence, share purchases and investments in two Israeli high-tech companies.
Tehila lectures before various forums in Israel and in China (including some of the top academic institutions) on the legal aspects of: Doing business in China, Chinese investments in Israel, Doing business in Israel and on Israeli technology and innovation.
In addition, Tehila writes professional articles in the field of Chinese law and regulation, and is the editor of the blogs: “Israelis Doing Business in China” and “Chinese doing business in Israel.” Tehila is the Chairperson of the relations committee with Shanghai, Tel-Aviv district, Israeli Bar Association.
Representative Client Work
- Representing Hamlet (Israel – Canada), a large Israeli company that develops and manufactures mechanical accessories for industrial control and monitoring systems, in the acquisition of a large Chinese company that manufactures valves and connectors for large Chinese companies in the industrial sector. The legal service included due diligence (DD) and legal advice on transaction documents, purchase agreement and subsequent registration procedures. In addition, advising the company with respect to land evacuation and compensation agreements and an investment agreement for the construction of a new plant. The transaction is estimated at NIS 70 million.
- Representing Telit Communications PLC, a multinational IOT corporation, in the acquisition of a Chinese IOT company. The legal service included due diligence and legal advice on the transaction documents, purchase agreement and the subsequent registration procedures. In addition, our firm provides ongoing legal services for the company.
- Representing MIS Implants Technologies, a multinational dental corporation, in the establishment of a company in China and Hong Kong. The legal representation included obtaining type 2 and type 3 licenses for the sale of medical products in China and ongoing representation of the Company.
- Representing Azrom, an Israeli agricultural company, in a series of agreements, including agreements with the local governments in Yunnan and Guangzhou for the construction of large greenhouses projects in China.
- Representing Kamedis, a medical cosmetics company, in the establishment of a joint venture in China, as well as ongoing legal support in all commercial matters, including commercial agreements, employment contracts, taxation, and much more.
- Representing an online gaming company in agreements with a local distributor.
- Representing a S. Fertility Cinic in an agreement to acquire 20% of the shares of a Chinese company, which provides medical services in the field of fertility, and a distribution agreement in China, including negotiations with the Chinese company and its shareholders.
- Representing a company in a financial fraud lawsuit in China. In the lawsuit, the court rendered a judgment in favor of the company and approved our request to enforce the verdict in the local court, following which the company received the money it demanded.
- Representing an Israeli vehicle parts company drafting a JV agreement in China for the establishment of a joint venture engaging in the distribution of automotive spare parts.
- Representation and accompaniment of a Chinese digital currency company in the establishment of R&D center in Israel, as well as providing advice on investments in Israeli companies.
- Representing a European bank in the examination of contracts in China.
- Representing SITI, a Shanghai based incubator and investment fund, in the establishment of a company in Israel, including providing ongoing consultation on activities and investments in Israel. In addition, our firm serves as the legal advisor of the Innovation Center at the Zhangjiang Hi-Tech Park in Pudong, Shanghai.
- Providing legal advice to Eran Zahavi, an elite Israeli soccer player, before signing an agreement with one of the leading soccer teams in China.