Tom Apelstein is a partner in the firm’s Litigation and Dispute Resolution department.
Tom has more than 10 years’ experience in representing litigants in legal proceedings before all instances of the court as well as in arbitration and mediation.
Specifically, he advises litigants involved in commercial disputes, including disputes between shareholders, derivative actions, and class action claims. He also has a background in litigation relating to tenders, including administrative appeals challenging or defending tender results, especially complex technology tenders involving the provision of information system services and the establishment of information systems.
His experience in solving complex legal issues and leading negotiations is critically valuable for clients in litigation, for whom Tom handles all stages of legal proceedings, from formulating a legal strategy, developing lines of argument, conducting preliminary proceedings, motions for temporary relief, affidavits, trial proceedings and closing arguments.
Representative Client Work
- Representing companies from Ness Technologies Group in various litigation cases, including multi-million shekels legal proceedings in the field of tenders.
- Represented Ness AT in a dispute with the Israeli Commissioner of Insurance and capital markets with respect to an administrative fine that was given to Ness. As a result of the representation, the court canceled the fine and stated that it was baseless.
- Representing companies from Rad-Bynet Group in various tenders, including conducting multi-million shekels legal proceedings in the field of tenders.
- Representing the medical technology company Weinmann Israel Ltd., an Israeli subsidiary wholly owned by the Weinmann Group, in tenders for the supply of medical equipment to health organizations and hospitals in Israel.
- Representing Little Prince Ltd. in a Class Action lawsuit relating to infant products.
- Representing Hamashbir Lazarchan department store chain in a class action related accessibility for people with disabilities.
- Representing The World Likud Movement in various petitions held in the Likud court.
- Representing Beitar leadership in various legal proceedings relating to Beitar youth movement.
- Representing the Israeli Ambassador to the UN, Mr. Danny Danon, in various proceedings in the Likud Court and in the High Court of Justice while serving as a Member of Knesset and Chairman of the Likud Movement assembly.
- Representing the Beit Or Aviva Association in various administrative petitions relating to the promotion of the activities that the Association is conducting for the treatment and rehabilitation of drug and Alcohol.
- Represented a group of shareholders of the Israeli transportation company “DAN“, in a principal Derivative Action against officers and the controlling shareholders of Dan with respect to large scale transactions and a demand to repay to Dan amounts in excess of 100 million Shekels.
- Representing the software company “Ignite” and its owners in disputes related to a project in the field of developing cellular apps.